2020 Permit Policy Changes for Failure To Pass Licensing Exam
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Posted by: Office Staff
Certified Barber Apprentices and Student Permitted Workers...
1. Program Fees :
$200 Initial Program Cost; $50 per month permit cost; Money order, cash, cashier’s check only/ No Personal Checks
2. Must have Certificate of Completion and have been a permitted worker/ Also, have failed comparable Licensing Exam.
3. Signed, notarized affidavit confirming work history and sponsoring Barbershop/Salon owner and/or Registered Shop Operating Manager
4. The sponsor is liable for all services provided within their facility performed by notarized and signed participating Permitted Worker
Permitted Worker's Agreement
● I understand that the fees for this program are non refundable● I have completed the required hours of training and agree to attend the Commission Certified Test Prep Class● If I change sponsors, I will return my permit for a new permit/pay an additional $25 and register under a new sponsor● I understand that I have three(3) months to prepare for the exam at a cost of
$50 per month● I understand that no hours have to be submitted● I understand that my sponsor and I are jointly responsible for sending my exam application to the Commission's Office within 120 days after my agreement has been signed● Upon failing of Licensing Exam, all agreements must be renewed, signed and paid● This agreement is mandatory for all Certified Barber Apprentices that fail and is optional for Student Permitted Workers● I understand that failure to schedule the exam may subject my sponsor to a fine. I Certify that I did fail some component of the Licensing Exam and that I do not hold a current license in this field in another state or jurisdiction.
BY MY SIGNATURE I CERTIFY UNDER PENALTY OF PROSECUTION, THAT I AM EITHER A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OR LEGALLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES AND AUTHORIZED TO WORK.
● I agree to sponsor the Permitted Worker named above in the practice of barbering, based on the Commission approved standards, within the allotted period● I understand that I may sponsor two(2) Permitted Workers at a time, and must maintain a valid personal license while training said Permitted Workers● I understand that I must keep a record of daily, monthly and cumulative study hours and submit hours to the Commission office each month following the month that a permit is extended● I understand that hours not submitted as required may subject me and the barbershop/salon named to a fine. I understand that if the Permitted Worker should stop training- I AM RESPONSIBLE for returning the permit along with the final report to the Jefferson County Barber Commission Office●